Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

Next revision
Previous revision
forum:data:2020:configuration_energies_in_ligand_field_calculations [2020/02/03 17:42] – Created from the form at forum:start Heleneforum:data:2020:configuration_energies_in_ligand_field_calculations [2020/02/03 18:56] (current) Maurits W. Haverkort
Line 9: Line 9:
 I have two simple questions (hopefully) about ligand field calculations with Quanty.  I have two simple questions (hopefully) about ligand field calculations with Quanty. 

-Firstly I don't understand what is the origin of the Udd in the second equation below (this is a comment section from the XAS L2,3 calculation with ligand field).+Firstly I don't understand what is the origin of the $U_{dd}$ in the second equation below (this is a comment section from the XAS L2,3 calculation with ligand field).

--- The L^10 d^n   configuration has an energy 0 +-- The $L^{10d^n  configuration has an energy 0
--- The L^9  d^n+1 configuration has an energy Delta +
--- The L^8  d^n+2 configuration has an energy 2*Delta+Udd+

-Secondly, in the final state of core photoemission calculations the energy of which electronic configuration is set to zero? Is it the p^5 d^n configuration or another? Why?+-- The $L^9  d^{n+1}$ configuration has an energy $\Delta$ 
 + 
 +-- The $L^8  d^{n+2}$ configuration has an energy $2*\Delta+U_{dd}$ 
 + 
 +Secondly, in the final state of core photoemission calculations the energy of which electronic configuration is set to zero? Is it the $p^5 d^nconfiguration or another? Why?

All the best, All the best,
Print/export