I don't manage to run the program

asked by Javier Herrero (2020/12/23 10:27)

Hello. My name is Javier Herrero and I am bl scientist at the ALBA Synchrotron. I used the program some time ago in a workshop and I wanted now to go back over it. I have however encountered two problems that I hope you can help me with. The very first is that I have tried with both the last and the Summer 2018 versions of the program for Windows but after downloading them when I execute the application it immediately crashes, I just get a fast black screen and nothing else. I followed the instructions given under “documentation” about the folder location so I don't think this may be the cause. The second, unrelated issue, is that after logging in from two different computers (I don't really know if this is the reason) my username is no longer recognized in the first of them. Can you somehow fix it? By the way, about the crashing, it occurs in both computers (Win64, Windows 10) Many thanks for your time in advance! Best wishes.

Answers

, 2020/12/23 10:48

Dear Javier,

Thanks for your question. Quanty is not a graphical program you can click and then run. It is a script language parser, which expects a text file as input and then generates text files as output. You can find some information on how to run Quanty at http://www.quanty.org/documentation/install/windows. You basically run it from within a windows terminal.

If you want a graphical interface I would recommend to use Crispy http://www.quanty.org/crispy/start. Crispy is a graphical user interface that generates the input files and runs Quanty as a Kernel in the background for you.

Best wishes, Maurits

, 2020/12/23 10:51

Oh, yes, many thanks for your very fast response, Maurits. I was indeed up to write again to say that I didn't read carefully and forgot to run the program via command line. It actually works… Many thanks for the recommendation on Crispy, I will give a try. Best regards!

You could leave a comment if you were logged in.
Print/export