Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

Next revision
Previous revision
forum:data:2019:relating_trigonal_crystal_field_parameters_d_sigma_and_d_tau_to_real_space_distortion [2019/06/19 12:12] – Created from the form at forum:start Hebatalla Elnaggarforum:data:2019:relating_trigonal_crystal_field_parameters_d_sigma_and_d_tau_to_real_space_distortion [2019/06/21 00:10] (current) Maurits W. Haverkort
Line 1: Line 1:
-====== Relating trigonal crystal field parameters (D_sigma and D_tau) to real space distortion ======+====== Relating trigonal crystal field parameters ($D_\sigma$ and $D_\tau$) to real space distortion ======
 ;;# ;;#
 asked by [[mailto:H.M.E.A.Elnaggar@uu.nl|Hebatalla Elnaggar]] (2019/06/19 12:12) asked by [[mailto:H.M.E.A.Elnaggar@uu.nl|Hebatalla Elnaggar]] (2019/06/19 12:12)
Line 7: Line 7:
 Dear all, Dear all,

-I have simulated L-edge XAS data using trigonal distortion and was able to reproduce my spectra for a certain set of D_q, D_sigma, and D_tau. Now I am trying to understand what that implies in real space: Is the octahedron compressed or elongated and how much has the bond angles moved. I have checked Ballhausen but the trigonal distortion section is not very detailed. I was able to find only this paper regarding the issue: J. C. Hempel, JCP 64, 11, p4307(1976) however the definitions of the angles are not very clear to me. Any suggestions on how to proceed with this?+I have simulated L-edge XAS data using trigonal distortion and was able to reproduce my spectra for a certain set of $D_q$$D_\sigma$, and $D_\tau$. Now I am trying to understand what that implies in real space: Is the octahedron compressed or elongated and how much has the bond angles moved. I have checked Ballhausen but the trigonal distortion section is not very detailed. I was able to find only this paper regarding the issue: [[https://doi.org/10.1063/1.432116|J. C. Hempel, JCP 64, 11, p4307(1976)]] however the definitions of the angles are not very clear to me. Any suggestions on how to proceed with this?

Many thanks! Many thanks!
Line 14: Line 14:

~~DISCUSSION|Answers~~ ~~DISCUSSION|Answers~~
- 
Print/export